When a disease is transmitted through air it is known as an airborne disease. Bacteria, fungi, and viruses that are present in the air are transmitted through small respiratory droplets. For instance, the fungus Aspergillus is widely present in soil, plants, decomposing plant matter, household dust, and building materials, apart from being present in food and water. The bacterium Anthrax is found in the soil. Dust formed from the soil can infect a person if they breathe in that dust.
So when someone already infected by such viruses and bacteria sneezes, coughs or laughs, respiratory droplets bearing these pathogens or microorganisms are expelled and infect another person. The source of these microorganisms may be an infected person or animal who has been infected by contact with soil, garbage or other sources. Moreover, depending on the germ in question, these diseases can be spread through a direct or an indirect form of transmission.
The pathogens first infect the air in the form of wet droplets when an infected person breathes or sneezes. They remain suspended in the air. Some other droplets dry out leaving microscopic particles. While suspended in the air, these particles attach or enter the people nearby. Diseases transmitted via air can travel greater than 6 feet. Infected particles can linger in the air from minutes to hours.
Common disease that are transmitted via air are:
- Common cold, caused by Rhinovirus
- Chickenpox caused by Varicella zoster virus
- Mumps caused by Paramyxovirus
- Measles caused by a different type of Paramyxovirus
- Whooping Cough caused by Bordetella pertussis
- COVID 19 caused by SARS-Cov-2 virus
- Aspergillosis caused by Aspergillus fungus
- Tuberculosis caused by Mycobacterium tuberculosis
- Anthrax caused by Bacillus anthracis
- Diphtheria caused by Corynebacterium diphtheriae
- Meningitis caused by certain types of virus, bacteria and fungi.
Airborne diseases are difficult to prevent. But you can take certain precautions. Make a note:
- Stay away from infected people.
- When in public places, always wear a mask.
- Keep your home properly ventilated.
- Clean and service your ventilation systems regularly.
- Cover your nose and mouth when sneezing or coughing.
An Air Purifier cleans the air by drawing it in, separating out all contaminants and returning it back to the environment. An air purifier has a fan which pulls in the air and blows it over a filter which captures and filters out the contaminants including all pathogens.
Check out our super functional range of air purifiers.
HOW LONG DOES THE BATTERY LAST?
Up to 16 HOURS depending on the wind speed setting. 4000mAh Large capacity batteries provide 4-16 working hours’ duration (depending on different speeds). The Neck Fan has 3 SPEED levels. Adjust appropriate fan speed by pressing the power button repeatedly.
IS IT NOISY? HOW LOUD IS IT?
With the ultra-quiet design, we have meticulously manufactured the motor so that noises stay in a range of 25-40dB. It is quiet enough to hear your own breath.
IS IT HEAVY?
It’s not heavy, and it’s comfortable to wear. At Tap Trendy, comfort in our products is our first priority. All of our products are sophisticatedly designed so that they can deliver you the most enjoyable experience.
CAN I DO SPORTS WITH IT ON?
Can’t find a better neck fan to exercise with. Talk is cheap, try it on! Wearing Tap Trendy™ Neck Fan to your gym will change your life!
HAVE OTHER QUESTIONS?
Email us at: email@example.com